Whether you recovered in the hospital or in your own home, COVID-19 or coronavirus, can create long-lasting side effects – even after your body fights off the virus. After both severe and minor COVID-19 infections, many patients will experience a variety of heart and lung complications that may require rehabilitation services to overcome. To ensure the ability to resume your daily work and hobbies safely and effectively, we are uniquely prepared to guide post-COVID-19 patients through the next phase of their recovery.
Common Post-COVID-19 Symptoms
- Poor mobility
- Difficulty breathing
- A thorough evaluation and personalized care plan based on the individual needs of each patient
- One-on-one care with a licensed Physical Therapist, Speech Therapist and/or Occupational Therapist
- Healing and welcoming treatment facilities that are held to the same high standards for cleanliness, PPE utilization and disinfection as our hospital.
- Aerobic training to improve cardiovascular and pulmonary health
- Strength training to restore lost muscle and strength
- Endurance training to reduce fatigue and promote participation in pre-COVID-19 activities
- Balance training to reduce fall risk
- Monitoring of vital signs (blood pressure, oxygen levels, heart rate, respiration rate) as the intensity level of activity increases to reduce risk of progressing too quickly at home or in the community
To learn more about rehabilitation services after COVID-19, talk to your primary care provider or call (406) 327-4050 for Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation or (406) 327-4241 for Cardiac / Pulmonary Rehabilitation.